*where Lolita is the diminutive form of Lola, itself a diminutive form of Dolores. Dolores = suffering.

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Greek mythology mix up

There is a problem. In fact, there are many problems.
I just keep on relapsing into them.
I guess it's what the Greeks referred to as a 'tragic flaw.'

Despite my flaw, I have failed to become tragic.
In fact, to the contrary, my life is more like a play by Aristophanes.
Full of dirty jokes.
And phallic symbols. From literature, of course.

Damn the person/power/man/woman/God/being/nothing that programmed our brains.
There's a short circuit somewhere, some neurons are getting fried up as I get really worked up for no reason at all. 

Yes yes yes. I like him. Yes. I know it. Yes.
Breathe heavily and sigh occasionally.
Is that all there is?
Zut alors!

Just let me be simple. Let me even be thick. 
Maybe for a day idleness isn't such a bad thing. 
"Ate*", the Greeks said, and not in any way egging you on just a mere reference to the goddess that blinds you turns you into an ignorant rubber chicken and then lets you fry, preferably pulling your eyes out.

Oedipal. He lies on her breasts. 
And he smells so sweet, it's a shade of blue, you can't really put your finger on it, he claims it's clear but what do men know about definitions, she thought. 
Search: glib or smug but etymology was never the point whereas memory, recollection, that's spot on.

I want your loving and I want your revenge she sings. Isn't it strange that Eros is always accompanied by Nemesis? 
She is the royal eagle, he the baby sparrow flying around with a toy arrow. 

You've been pricked! 

*Greek goddess or spirit of blind folly and delusion
OR An exclamation in Greek which means "Come on!"

2 comments: