*where Lolita is the diminutive form of Lola, itself a diminutive form of Dolores. Dolores = suffering.

Tuesday 7 September 2010

tropical topical

The light woke me up, at 9am. I can't stand the light when I dream, it washes out all the pictures and the prolonged oblivion we call sleep.

Three hours before this unpleasant wake up call I had been juggling my aces, kings and queens, but what combination could change the final outcome?

Which I didn't expect to be waking up at 9am. In any case, there we were, lying in sweat and on green sheets, with bronchitis passing to and fro between us. Apparently we made each other ill.

...
Ill with love, baby
I knew you'd come for me, Frank. Even if it was in the shape of bacteria.

American crime novels have gotten into our heads.



No comments:

Post a Comment