*where Lolita is the diminutive form of Lola, itself a diminutive form of Dolores. Dolores = suffering.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Paris, 1

The day started off in disarray.

I hauled myself to three wrong bus stops before finally finding bus stop Y which took me to King's Cross.

Not really. It stopped at Euston to my dismay. I hauled myself to KX on foot.

I got to Paris. It was sunny. I stepped outside the Gare du Nord and couldn't stop smiling.

Got lost for a while. Reached Gare de l'Est.

Went summer shopping at H&M because the weather is freakishly great.

Then started my epic underground journey. Turns out, there actually was a direct line linking my place of origin with my desired destination. An hour later, having suffered a shameful fall in the Parisian metro and having changed direction four times, I finally got there. 

It was all worth it.

Offerings of grumpy woman taxi driver
(who thought we were Italian and refused
to speak any other language besides Italian.)


View from Cafe de Flore at St. Germain de Pres
Projected arrow on the street...
Boulevard St Germain
...pointing to digital messages inside a building
Sonia Rykiel window
(for the love of knits!)


Sonia Rykiel window
(eerily reminiscent of Prada?)

Prada Spring/Summer 2011
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment