*where Lolita is the diminutive form of Lola, itself a diminutive form of Dolores. Dolores = suffering.

Thursday 12 November 2009

i-pod

Have you ever wondered what all these people on the street with their i-pods in their ears are listening to?

I find it so fucking fascinating that we can all walk around, seemingly in the same world, but each and every one of us is in a musical frenzy of his own. 

For example, I cycle down Trinity Lane listening to Gaga. Typical. I mouth the words, I shake my head, I do the occasional robot arm gesture, undulate a bit, people think I'm weird, and the person that just passed by me with the khaki raincoat is listening to Bach. Schubert. Beatles. Metallica. 

I wonder what can happen if suddenly there's a collision:

Bump.
Fuck/oh!
Crap/Oops!
Humph./ Really sorry!
Shrug. Grimace of desperation.
Both continue. 

Clearly I'm in a better mood than the person listening to Radiohead!

No comments:

Post a Comment