*where Lolita is the diminutive form of Lola, itself a diminutive form of Dolores. Dolores = suffering.

Sunday 14 March 2010

How did this all start, I don't know.

First there was a Greek-Cypriot-Persian party at Cambridge. Interesting is all I can say.
Then there was a drunken Skype conversation that basically put an end to all conversations in my head because you can't have a conversation on your own now can you? No. That makes you a psychopath.

Then, there was a train ride to Nottingham. I don't know what my cousin Thalia complains about all the time, I loved the place. The romantically named 'Lacemarket' had me from the beginning. The tram - yes, TRAM! - was clean...easy and swift I got off in front of Tesco's and lingered in what is one of the many havens of consumerism in England; admittedly I love supermarkets. There's friggin' Easter eggs EVERYWHERE.

Funny story, my lovely brother, who visited and wanted to be independent so trailed off to Manchester in a really cool Virgin train (as opposed to the shit East Midlands train that I borded in disappoinment) used to get so hyped during Easter time when he was young. The highlight of this excitement was that he thought that whenever he wished 'Happy Easter!' to someone, that automatically entitled him to an easter egg. Let's just say he was as devastated as when he found out that Santa Claus is a fiction of our imagination. I'm sure he still dreams about that.

Anyway, Nottingham. Amazing. I hadn't been around that many Cypriots in a long time and it brought to my attention a couple of things 1. I am secluded like a hermit in Cambridge 2. Yes, Cyprus does have some decent people to show. I had a great time we stayed up till 6am in true Cyprus fashion (as opposed to the lame-ass parties that have been ending by maximum 2am anyway) let's just say it made me miss home.

Had the awkwardest most weird conversation with an ex who decided to call me 12 hours before leaving the country to notify me that he was, in fact, in the country and I should go to London. Well. Can't really do that at midnight and even if I could, I don't see why I was the last person to know that he had spent an entire week in England.

Drunken wake-up in Thalia's bed with the sunlight bursting in and being a pain in the ass and eyes. I think I remember her waking up in the middle of the night and claiming she wet the bed but to my relief I quickly realised it was just water from the bottle I strategically - or not - placed in the middle of us just in case. We ran to catch the 1:28 train to London. Tiredness!

hm.....
I love my family.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment